Feeling drained at the end of this school year? This month’s resources were chosen to help you reflect on the successes and challenges of the year and inspire you to renew your work with passion!
- Read about how one principal revived a low-performing school with a high poverty rate in the article, “Portrait of a Turnaround Principal” from Edutopia.
- It’s always a good idea to reflect on the year. Read responses from other principals reflecting on the successes and challenges of their school year in this article from EducationWorld. How successful was your school in these same areas?
- How do your teachers feel about the year? Encourage them to complete a year end reflection and check out this article from Cult of Pedagogy on things teachers wish their administrators knew.
- Leadership in a school can really make or break the culture. Check out this article from edweek to examine traits of high impact administrators!
Did You Know?
- The Teaching and Learning Exchange will be adding transcripts for the 2019-2020 school year! To stay informed with updates or to learn more about the TLE click here!
- The Office of Student Learning has partnered with BloomBoard in our Choice Leader of Excellence Certification Program that is aligned to the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL) and delivered in Micro-credential online format. By earning the Choice Leader of Excellence certification, school leaders build leadership capacity, gain statewide recognition, be better positioned to increase enrollment, and attract high-quality staff to their school. To learn more about this program click here.