One of the most important priorities for the new school year is fostering a positive school and staff culture. This month’s resources will support your efforts to plan effective faculty meetings, build positive school culture, and schedule meaningful professional learning.
Building a Positive Culture
- Check out this TED talk on “How to create a fantastic working environment in your school.”
- Make it a point to create a positive and supportive environment for students from day one. Watch how one school used a faculty meeting to discuss their impact on every single student. This is a powerful exercise! Watch the video here. Read about the exercise here.
- Do you have new teachers? Check out these resources and articles from ASCD that aim to help school leadership support new teachers.
Improving Faculty Meetings
- Struggling with some roadblocks and negativity toward faculty meetings? Check out this Edutopia article on ways to transform your faculty meetings!
- Take the advice of principals who’ve been there. Check out these articles from EducationWorld on how to plan the best faculty meetings.
- Looking for some Professional Development to tackle during one of your faculty meetings?
- Check out some of the recorded webinars from the Office of Student Learning.
- You can also explore some of the content on our Teacher Resources Page to help teachers connect with classroom resources! There are many topics, and new resources are added each month!
- Don’t miss OSL’s newest course offerings on:
- Explore all of our Professional Learning offerings in your area by visiting http://sufs.gosignmeup.com.