This year, the Office of Student Learning is offering a professional learning series centered around effective classroom instruction. One of the most important components of effective instruction is the classroom environment & culture. Come learn how to alleviate your classroom behavior woes by rethinking classroom management! Explore strategies to create and sustain a positive classroom environment and culture of learning. Check out the full course description below.
Rethinking Classroom Management: Creating and Sustaining a Classroom Culture of Learning
This course focuses on strategies teachers can use to build a positive classroom culture instead of managing students with negative reinforcements or token economies. The goal of this training will be to help participants:
- Emphasize culture over management.
- Maintain firm boundaries with dignity and respect for all.
- Establish clear procedures and rules with student input.
- Prioritize building relationships.
If you are interested in this training please contact your regional coordinator to discuss available sessions in your area, or to schedule a session at your school. Click here to find your regional coordinator’s contact information!
Ask about the other courses in our effective instruction series:
- Unpacking Unit Plans to Create Clear Learning Goals
- Planning, Presenting, and Understanding New Knowledge