With holiday parties, parent nights, school-wide performances, and end of term exams coming up, it’s easy to get buried under a mountain of grading and planning this month! We’d like to share some strategies that will ease the stress of grading and help you make the most of your planning time all year.
5 Time Management Tips & Resources
- Plan at Least a Week Ahead
- Consider setting a day each week to plan for each subject the following week. For example: On Monday plan next week’s math activities, on Tuesday plan for next week’s reading, etc. By the end of the week, you will have next week’s lessons ready to go! Check out this FREE printable weekly planning template, or explore this FREE planning resource from TPT.
- Also, to help you get ahead over the break, don’t forget about this FREE unit planning template resource!
- Create your to do list the day or night before. During your planning time, choose 2-3 items you know you can get done and set a time limit for each. Use the timer on your phone to keep yourself on task. Shut the door and get things done!
- Don’t Try to Grade Everything
- There is a purpose for every assignment or activity in your class, but that does not mean every assignment or activity needs to be recorded for a grade. Consider checking some assignments for understanding, while grading and providing detailed feedback on others. Consider providing quick feedback via a sticky note rubric- click here to learn more!
- Utilize a Copy Box
- Use a folder or an inbox on your desk to place the master copies of the pages you need for the next week. Resist the urge to go make copies as soon as you finish one lesson. Collect your copies during your planning time and then save 5-10 minutes at the end of your time to go make the copies.
- Choose One Day to Stay Late
- As teachers we are notorious for coming in early and staying late. Consider choosing just one day a week to stay late. During this time, you can work after students are gone, distraction free, to finish any grading, planning, or copying that needs to be done for the following week.
- Accessible anywhere and anytime, Algebra Nation offers an individualized approach to teaching and learning Middle Grades Math, Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2.
- To learn more and check out a 30-day FREE trial, click here!
You’re invited to join the Step Up For Students SuperFans program. Become a social ambassador for Step Up and help us spread awareness of our scholarship programs.
When you sign up, we will send you our most exciting news through email to share with your friends and followers. You choose where you share our content. You can share it through email, on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or all of the above. Sharing our posts helps not only spread the word about Step Up to those who need it most, but it could also benefit your private school.
The best part? The more you share and participate, the more points you’ll earn towards a monthly giveaway. This month we’re giving away a $20 Target gift card and one Step Up’s new promotional items of your choosing (from a selection).
To join now, click on the link below and connect with one of your social networks.